On Week 10

edited 2011 Mar 13 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>skyjake</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the category: Blog.</i>

<strong>skyjake:</strong>
<ul>
<li>Work continues with the debugging of multiplayer games. I'm now starting to form a better picture of exactly what is wrong. There is a combination of things that haven't been updated to current practices (e.g., using DMU), miscommunication between server and client, issues with the input control/binding system, and the client's failure to use the real game logic for simulating the world. There has been steady progress this week, though, with the client now being able to join a game, move around (using the game's playsim) and open doors. Mobj deltas are currently getting garbled, which quickly kills the session.</li>
<li>I've also done some minor fixes and tweaks to the RSS feed, and upgraded the blog. This version of WordPress is quite a bit nicer to use than the previous one. (Let's hope the subscription plugin still works.)</li>
<li>Next week I'm continuing with multiplayer debugging. Next areas of focus are fixing the garbled deltas and checking if all player actions are properly carried out on the server.</li>
</ul>
<strong>danij:</strong>
<ul>
<li>Despite not having as much time as I had hoped for deng, the texture upload/processing in Doomsday has seen much of the preparatory work for texture atlases completed.</li>
<li>Over the coming week I intend to introduce texture atlases and utilize them to resolve the current issues with composite fonts. After that I intend to do some investigation into our high-level resource management as I have a feeling we now have some threading issues.</li>
</ul>