Beta6.3 on Sunday

edited 2009 May 31 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>skyjake</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the category: Blog.</i>

Just a reminder that we should be releasing Beta6.3 on Sunday at the latest.

Comments

• Thats fine by me.

I plan to get a few more bug fixes done in the mean time.
  • How's it looking? I'm putting together the OS X package for some QA now.
  • I'm done. I'll start on packaging the Windows release.
  • Check your release number in dd_version.h, I just committed an update to beta6.3.
  • I'm only just getting around to packing it... it takes a while to reinstall all of our install dependencies.

Yes I did notice your commit :-) I've just bumped the version numbers of the plugins.
  • I'm uploading the OS X release now.

<strong>EDIT:</strong> It's up there now.
  • Sigh. This may take a while... for some reason Snowberry is now apparently dependent upon the MSVC 9 runtime. I'm currently looking into it.

<strong>EDIT</strong>: Hmm, this is looking (to me) like a problem with py2exe. I'm going to try reverting to a previous version.

<strong>EDIT2</strong>: The Windows release package is now up. I've gone back to Python 2.5 for this release as resolving this problem satisfactorily will take me a while, as it will mean figuring out which packages have changed, etc, etc, and most likely updating our installer to handle the redistributable.
  • Incidentally, when I upgraded to wxPython 2.8.10 on the Mac, I had to upgrade py2App as well (it was failing with some weird error). None of this should have effect on the Windows platform, though...
  • Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place but I'm not finding much help out there on py2exe...

I'll look at the problem more when I have the time. Python 2.5 is getting on a bit now and there is no reason for us not to upgrade(?).
  • Yeah, we could upgrade Python, too.
  • Ok, lets make the release announcements. I'll enlist the help of one our users to report the release to the DOOM community sites and write a release message at the forum.