Greetings, Humans! (and Robots)

edited 2009 Jul 20 in Off-Topic
Howdy!

Just joined up, thought i'd say hello. I've been an on-and-off fan of the iD classics since a kid, I recently noticed that DENG project has had a bit more activity lately and I havn't messed around with Doom modding and tinkering for quite a while... that urge has come back, so i'm digging through my hdd finding my WAD's and trying out the latest Doomsday release and the newest changes to the addons (resource pack, so on) and yeah....

...I applied at the Wiki site as I thought I might be able to add some stuff there while I spend the next few hours setting up my Doomsday install. So yeah, half the reason i'm saying hello here is to show that i'm not just some anonymous troll or whatever :lol: I actually would like to help wherever I can, even if its only a little bit :P

OK well thats all for now, seeyas! :D

Comments

• Hello JonusC,

welcome to the Doomsday forum. :)
  • Hiya deus-ex, and thanks!

Say, are you the same chap who helped out Cane X on the Hexen Community Collection Pack? Mighty fine work there!
  • Yep, that would be me. Though the term "helped out" doesn't quite describe the amount of work and responsibility I had in the project. You may want to check the documentation included in the XCCP (jHexen Community Collectors Pack).
  • Ah, you did all the definitions and textures yeah...? So you were actually part of the team ;) mighty fine work there.

I assume the jXRP placeholder on the wiki is about yours and Cain's one? I have these on my HDD:
    JX-LightMaps.exe
    JX-Lights.exe
    JX-Sfx.exe
    JX-Textures.exe
    JX-Ui.exe
    XccpV11.exe

Hope that's all of it :) I'll be updating the Wiki with them including info and screenshots, aswell as providing a mirror for Snowberry converted versions ;) As long as that's OK of course... consider this an informal asking-of-permission to list them on the Wiki and converted downloads (linking to Cain-X and your homepage (?) of course, retaining credits)
  • Regarding the textures I did not make any of these. I converted them to PNG, optimized the file size quite extremely and fixed and/or enhanced a few of them where necessary and possible.

The jXRP is kind of a complete box containing all add-ons for jHexen, it is not ours (Cain & deus-ex). Besides the XCCP I created the jX-Textures, jX-LightMaps and jX-Lights add-ons, all containing work of the community, optimized by me. Also I made the jX-SFX pack, the sounds were selected, edited and optimized by myself to fit into the world of Hexen.

Regarding the Wiki, yes I'm all fine with that, please go ahead. We need more people like you actually helping and giving something back instead of just taking. :)
  • deus-ex wrote:
    The jXRP is kind of a complete box containing all add-ons for jHexen, it is not ours (Cain & deus-ex). Besides the XCCP I created the jX-Textures, jX-LightMaps and jX-Lights add-ons, all containing work of the community, optimized by me. Also I made the jX-SFX pack, the sounds were selected, edited and optimized by myself to fit into the world of Hexen.

I'll be sure to check out all the options and resources available to us for jHexen then. I'll be doing Doom first though, there's a crap load of near-lost and unsorted material - finding megawads is also getting harder and harder.
    deus-ex wrote:
    Regarding the Wiki, yes I'm all fine with that, please go ahead. We need more people like you actually helping and giving something back instead of just taking. :)
    Haha thanks... well I hope to one day see Doomsday turning into a full-blown engine. While keeping Doom compatibility but allowing much more advanced features for designers and modders, it's my #1 choice for making a game that i've wanted to for so long... maps are very easy to make, sprites can be later replaced with models, etcetera. Just doing my part to say thanks really :D