Progress Update

edited 2008 Mar 22 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>danij</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the categories: Beta 6, Engine, Mac OS X, Platforms, Releases, Unix/Linux, Version 1.9, Windows.</i>

Today I spent some time looking at the current state of Doomsday's SVN. From the looks of things, we seem to be quite close to completing the work we set out for 1.9.0-beta6 and hopefully it won't be too long before we can begin preparing for a release.

There are however a couple of jobs remaining that must be completed (plus a handful of small bugs to fix). These being:
<ul>
<li>Player control/input/binding system (unfinished).</li>
<li><strike>Transfer of game-specific map data properties from maploader to the game.</strike></li>
</ul>
Skyjake:
if you presently do not have the time to complete the player control work; let me know and I'll try to pick it up from where you left off.

With regard to the transfer of the game-specific map data properties; all we really need to do is to come to an agreement on how best to handle it. Once we have a design I can thrash out the code maybe this weekend (edit: this work has since been completed).

Comments

• I have just commited to svn new code to handle the transfer of game-specific map data properties from the maploader to the game.

Is that a light I see up ahead? :-)