Dengine.net Progress

edited 2007 Dec 12 in Developers
<i>This post was originally made by <b>danij</b> on the dengDevs blog. It was posted under the categories: Add-ons, Blog, Documentation, Engine, Games, jDoom, jHeretic, jHexen, Mac OS X, Platforms, Unix/Linux, Windows.</i>

As you might recall, an announcement was made a while back that work had begun on a new Doomsday homepage (which would be appearing at <a href="http://www.dengine.net">www.dengine.net</a>). I'm very happy to be able to announce that work on the implementation of which is progressing very well indeed thanks to deng's web developer, Kurikai.

The framework for the new site is now pretty much complete and we are just about to begin the process of furnishing it with content. I am confident that it will be ready to go live in time to coincide with the Doomsday 1.9.0-beta6 release.

The new site is intended to act as a brochure for the deng project, which introduces users to the project and what it's about. There are seperate sections that each focus on a particular aspect of the project, the Doomsday engine, the games it supports and their various addons plus the community involved with it. There will be articles that describe the makeup of the deng project; the engine + plugin + addon architecture and how these parts fit together to make up what our users commonly consider as the Doomsday experience.

Over time I envision there being spot light articles on the "big name" resource packs and addons such as the jDRP and the jDTP which will act similarly, as introductions to those projects.

So there is a lot to look forward to in the coming weeks and we hope you enjoy the fruits of our collective labour.