Intense slowdown in Plutonia2 Map30?

When you teleport into the final boss room in Map30 of Plutonia 2, the platform you're on lowers, revealing the surrounding Cyberdemons and the final boss. However, on my desktop I experience a massive slowdown during this part, regardless of how low I set the resolution. On my laptop, there is almost no slowdown, but there is noticeable performance drops during the time when the platform lowers.

Here are my desktop and laptop specs:

Desktop
3.4 GHZ Pentium IV
2.5 GB RAM
ATI X700 (256MB, PCI-Express)

And the laptop:

2.4 GHZ Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
Intel 4500 GMA

I know, my desktop is in dire, dire, dire need of upgrading, but it handels just about 95% of everything in Doomsday fine. Hopefully it isn't too long...

Do other people experience this lag here?

Comments

• Can you post your jdoom.cfg and an estimate of the fps you experience at this point.
  • Ok, here's the jdoom.cfg.

http://www.filesavr.com/MWQR4FYBV7X2GCQ

Is there a way to display fps or not?
  • Enter "con-fps 1" in the console or turn it on via the "Console" page in the control panel.

Are you running any additional addons other than Plutonia 2?
  • I average 60 FPS up until I teleport into the room, and when the floor beings lowering, the FPS falls into the 20s. If I move around or anything, it will drop into the teens.

Other than the WAD itself, the only other add-on I am using is the Dehacked for Plutonia 2.

Sometimes this happens when the floor lowers in Map02 of Plutonia as well at the beginning of the level.
  • Given your hardware and configuration, those numbers are in-line with what I would expect on such a system (extrapolating results from my own dev system and those I have access to). It does not sound like you are experiencing an unexpected performance drop.

All I can do is to offer you an assurance that performance will be improved in upcoming builds.
  • Alright, like the heads up, thanks!