Crash on Doom2 Map30 / Glitches in Plutonia

edited 2011 Feb 11 in Technical Support
1. In Doom2.wad on map30 I cannot save/load properly. I cannot reproduce this behavior constantly, it does not seem to be tied to special actions I do. If I make a save and reload it, the game often crashes after about 2 seconds (this happens everytime I load that save). I attached doomsday.out to my post (directly copied after crash).

2. The invisible bridge on map03 of Plutonia is not invisible, it looks glitched.

1.9.0-beta6.9 on Mac OS X 10.6

Comments

• I can confirm the crash on Doom2 Map30 after loading a savegame. Seems to occur the first time after loading that the Boss Spitter tries to fire, if it was active when you saved.

It should be reported here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=542099

You have to sign up with Sourceforge though. I can report it on your behalf if you wish?

The bridge issue is known. It relies on a rendering hack. The Doomsday 1.9 betas removed support for most rendering hacks a few betas ago, in order to rewrite the code in a better way. Thus far only support for a couple of rendering hacks has been restored.
  • Thanks for your input.
    No need to do work for me, I will create a sourceforge account for myself and file the bug report for this issue and the other one you confirmed in my second thread.

EDIT:
    Bug report added