New Actions for doom

edited 2011 Feb 21 in Addons for DOOM
Hi this is my first post and y have a question for the dev team, i work in a moding project for jdoom, i moding maps, create new monsters, objects destryable objets etc, but i nedd lear how i make new actions for example A_MYNEWATTAK, i want to create a lots of new attaks, its posible create new actions with a .ded file??

Comments

• Unfortunately not. In Doomsday, state action functions are implemented in the source code of a game plugin. This means that to add new action functions you have to create a new game plugin (or modify an existing one).

This situation will change in the (hopefully not too distant) future however.
  • mmm i see, a gamme plugin a? well the actions are implemnented in the jdoom.dll plugin? or in another archive? i dont know how create a new gamme plugin so, i can modify one? what aplication i need to modify a plugin to add a new action?
  • You would have to recompile the game from source my friend. But I think you would be better off working on graphics/audio/maps first until beta10 ;)
  • mm ok ok, I have another question, i can roll over a weapon model usin a lavel?? for example the lavel offset control the position of model in the plane, i have a marvelous double barrel shotgun model but the model apear in the left hand, i need roll over the model, i triying mirror whit misfit model 3d but the skin gets damaged.

Second question.

I create a generator of sounds to create a foot steps sounds, work correctli , i create foot steps for all monsters and player :D , but i want to create a diferent foot steps sounds for a same model for example a sound step for walk on metal, anhoter for walk on water, marble, wood etc, its posible??. this is mi generator
    Header { Version = 6; }

Sound {
      ID = "playstep1"
      Flags = "sf_shift2"
      Lump = "DSOOF"
      Link pitch = -1
      Link volume = -1
      Priority = 60
      Max channels = -1
      EXT = "data/jDoom/Sfx/playstep1.wav"
    }

Sound {
      ID = "playstep2"
      Flags = "sf_shift2"
      Lump = "DSOOF"
      Link pitch = -1
      Link volume = -1
      Priority = 60
      Max channels = -1
      EXT = "data/jDoom/Sfx/playstep2.wav"
    }

Generator {
      State = "PLAY_RUN2"
      Speed = .1
      Speed rnd = 1
      Spawn age = 1
      Max age = 35
      Particles = 1
      Spawn rate = 1
      Stage {
        Type = "pt_point"
        Gravity = 1
        sound = "playstep1"
        Tics = 35
        Rnd = 1
        Radius = 1
        Color { 0 0 0 0 }
      }
    }

Generator {
      State = "PLAY_RUN5"
      Speed = .1
      Speed rnd = 1
      Spawn age = 1
      Max age = 35
      Particles = 1
      Spawn rate = 1
      Stage {
        Type = "pt_point"
        sound = "playstep2"
        Tics = 35
        Rnd = 1
        Radius = 1
        Color { 0 0 0 0 }
      }
    }

Edit DaniJ: Added /code tags
  • Nodtilor wrote:
    mm ok ok, I have another question, i can roll over a weapon model usin a lavel??
    Sorry but I don't understand your description, could you rephrase the question? Do you mean flipping the HUD model about the Y (world up) axis? If so then you'll find an option in the control panel to do just that (on the Models tab). Alternatively, try giving your model a negative scale in the Model definition.
    I create a generator of sounds to create a foot steps sounds, work correctli , i create foot steps for all monsters and player :D , but i want to create a diferent foot steps sounds for a same model for example a sound step for walk on metal, anhoter for walk on water, marble, wood etc, its posible??.
    Using a particle generator for footstep sounds is an interesting solution but you won't be able to play different sounds per surface type using that approach. One solution would be to use an XG Sector Type's floor chain but then this would only work in custom maps that use the new sector type.

Is this for a definition-only mod (one which works for all maps)?
  • Sorry for my bad explication :D ok whit images its better. look i have the abbs weapons model pack, all weapons appear in the right side, my model appear in the left side this is a little image.

doom2000.png

I flipped the model whit misfit model 3d, the model appear correctli in the right side, but the skin gets damaged

doom2001.png

now my question: I can flip the model By means of model definitions?
  • I don't use that particular app but it looks to me like your uvw's have been flipped also. This is normally not what you want.

Yes you can use a Model definition to flip the model by giving it a negative scale on the Y axis as I mentioned in my previous post.
  • Well i flip the model whit a negative scale and work but the skin gets damaged again :-/

doom2001.png

the model looks transparent or the skin its inside the model....... i need giving a negative scale for the skin?

EDIT: ey Dany J i solved the problem of transparency whit the flag "df_twosided", Tanks for you help ;)