DENGINE 1.9.0Beta6.9 MAC and Hexen: DeathKings

edited 2011 Jan 18 in Technical Support
Hello.

I'm using DENGINE 1.9.0Beta6.9 on a MAC OSX 10.6.6.

I'm able to play Doom, DoomII, Final Doom, Heretic and Hexen, along with some Hexen mods. However, whenever loading Hexen:DeathKings of the Dark Citadel, the game interface presents the graphic and allows to choose any options from the menus, but the actual game never loads. It simply closes the screen and returns to the FrontEnd.

I'm using the Hexen 1.1 WAD, which I know is necessary for plating Death Kings.

Same happens whenever loading the Wolfen mod for Hexen. However, I can play any other mods for this game, such as Vaults.

Any suggestions or log files you might need for diagnosing this problem?

Comments

• This sounds very much like a known issue with the MAPINFO parser that has since been fixed for the upcoming 1.9.0-beta6.10 release.
  • The release is "upcoming" for 7 months already. Why don't you just release current development version?
  • reg wrote:
    The release is "upcoming" for 7 months already. Why don't you just release current development version?

If you are on Windows, why not use 1.8.6?

It's fully functional for playing the Iwads and 99.999... (etc) Vanilla wads.

I mean ZDoom usually (IIRC) only makes one release a year, which is about how long ago that Beta Dday Beta 6.9 was released.
  • reg wrote:
    The release is "upcoming" for 7 months already. Why don't you just release current development version?
    You have the option of grabbing the latest development version from SVN and compiling it to try out the fix pre-release and possibly post some feedback.
  • Ok. So, is there an estimate on when with DENGINE 1.9.0 v6.10 will be released?

Thanks,
    Spiff