Doom Construction Kit (DCK)

edited 2010 Oct 20 in Heretic
I still LOVE to build levels for Heretic. I use DCK. I'm running 64 bit VISTA. I'm able to run DCK by using DOSBox. I would really like to be able to run Heretic from within DCK, like I used to back in the day. (You can press F10 while editing to run heretic and check your changes).

I'm sure there's a way to tell DCK to exit dosbox and run snowberry. It would be awesome if it would then come back into DCK after exiting the game ... but I realize THAT would be pretty difficult.

Anybody out there have the know-how and the inclination to help an old fart out?

Thanx

Marty
mferris@cableone.net

Comments

• is this a full map editor if so then there is doom builder but if it's more then that then i might have a way but i would need to know what utilities DCK has first
  • Gordon wrote:
    is this a full map editor if so then there is doom builder but if it's more then that then i might have a way but i would need to know what utilities DCK has first
    =============
    Yeah, it's a full map editor ... as far as what utilities is has ... I'm not sure I can answer that. I could send you a copy of DCK, (zipped, shareware), but it's an old DOS based program.

In the folder, the are .GD files. Game Definition files, (text). Can edit those to tell the program where to find each of the supported games. Thought maybe there might be a way to tell DCK how to run Heretic thru Snowberry. I'd even be happy if it would run it without the deng front end, just so I could check my work.

Thanx
  • i took a look at DCK and found that Doom builder is much better but if you learn how heretic is run then you might be able to load it with out snowberry. have you tryed doom builder? it's free and awsome.
  • I think that DosBox doesn't allow you to run anything outside it.
  • Well apparently Doomsday 2 should have a built-in editor so that you won't have to go outside of the program itself, but I'm not sure how far away the functional development of that feature will be.
  • it was to be a unique editor in the fact that your who server could make a map in 3d not the 2d were used to as from what i red
  • Well, I'll have to see if I can't find "Doom Builder" and check it out ... and I'll certainly keep an eye out for Doomsday 2 ... THAT sounds awesome!

Thanks Folks
  • ic1hooks wrote:
    Well, I'll have to see if I can't find "Doom Builder" and check it out ... and I'll certainly keep an eye out for Doomsday 2 ... THAT sounds awesome!

Thanks Folks
    http://www.doombuilder.com/
    :)