Gold Skull Menu Graphics

edited 2012 Feb 15 in Addons for Heretic
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/22/ ... uskull.zip

A more aesthetically pleasing menu skull!
Seriously, try it out! :)

Comments

• Not bad at all. Just wondering when making it did you go by the original one if so you did an excellent job.
  • Gordon wrote:
    Just wondering when making it did you go by the original one
    If you mean to ask if I tried to make it look like a hi-res version of the original, then yes! :)
    However, it's rendered from a stock 3D model with a gold-like progressive texture applied. I had to fidget with the colors for a while before I got it like the original, though!

EDIT: That brings up a good point in my mind, actually... To get them to resize properly, I had to make sure the dimensions were relatively equal to the original sprites. Since they varied, having basically been just large enough for the sprites themselves, I had to calculate the width of each frame so that it didn't squash the skull while it was facing towards or away from you. The previous one had this problem, with all the images about 300x300 I think, so despite it being too glossy/shiny for my taste, the images need to be the correct aspect.

This brings me to the real point I was trying to make:
    I noticed that, in the jHUI, there are a few problems with this. I may go in some time or another and try to fix this by adding new images for certain things, or maybe asking the permission of the authors on some things to just edit the images to add extra padding at the borders. You may notice, for instance, that the letters and numbers kind of smash into each other at certain points (like in the menu, or if say you have 100 health in the HUD)!
  • Very nice work.

I've not really said anything about it because its still early alpha presently but it will soon be possible to use 3d model replacements (similar to the Patch to Text replacement done presently via values.ded) in packs such as the JHUI. The system I'm planning uses an additional 3d depth for HUD elements and a depth of field for each group of elements (currently known as 'Pages' in the repo). The plan is to tie this in with InFine for a script-able UI (or Doomsday script, if available that is).

No idea when the final system will hit a release build though, as I am focusing on the necessary work for Beta6.10
  • DaniJ wrote:
    I've not really said anything about it because its still early alpha presently but it will soon be possible to use 3d model replacements (similar to the Patch to Text replacement done presently via values.ded) in packs such as the JHUI. The system I'm planning uses an additional 3d depth for HUD elements and a depth of field for each group of elements (currently known as 'Pages' in the repo). The plan is to tie this in with InFine for a script-able UI (or Doomsday script, if available that is).

No idea when the final system will hit a release build though, as I am focusing on the necessary work for Beta6.10

Well, I should have the model + skin around for then unless the hard drive fails!
  • Where do i put these files? in Data/jheretic/Auto?