Games never launch

edited 2010 Aug 6 in Technical Support
Hey guys, been a while since I've used Jdoom. Decided to reinstall it and download addons and whatnot...

I got the newest beta, installed it, have the correct Iwad paths, etc. but it never works.

I press play, it says 'launching game', but the game just never launches. Halp?

Also, there is no doomsday.out file created in the runtime directory.

I can install the non-beta fine, but I can't get addons to appear in the kickstart addon menu. I prefer snowberry anyways.

Comments

• Could you post the contents of your doomsday.out file here please and we can have a look. Use the Code tags to post it.
  • Like I said, no doomsday.out file is created in the runtime directory. I have no idea whats wrong here.
  • We'll need a bit more info in order to help. Which os are you running and where did you install Doomsday?
  • Windows XP, in the default directory.

I'm starting to think my computer is pretty screwed (Virus-wise), probably going to format soon, that'll probably fix it. Everything is so screwy at the moment, if I leave a file in my downloads folder for over a day the file size is reduced to 40 KB and everything gets corrupted...

Yeah, it's probably just my computer...
  • Did you install a beta over the top of an existing Doomsday install? There have been substantial changes since 1.8.6 and we advise a full fresh install when upgrading.

Let us know how you get on after the format.
  • 13579 wrote:
    Like I said, no doomsday.out file is created in the runtime directory. I have no idea whats wrong here.
    Sorry - misread that part. My stupid brain skipped the word 'no'. :-/