How do I enable the fog effect?

I am using the very latest version of snowberry and obviously doomsday engine.

My question: How do you enable the fog effect?
It's the effect of where the room looks foggy but clears away the closer you get or becomes more foggy the further away you are at any given point.

At one point in time I had it activated, but the music would not work correctly.
I deleted some stuff so I could start over again and now I can't remember how I did it for the life of me.

Please help!

ps I love this engine!

Comments

• Open console.. first type fog and you will see all fog settings. Note you can only give the fog one command at a time. So next you want to type fog on. To change fog mode you type fog mode exp to change the default linear mode to exponential mode (there's also exp2, which is quite the same as exp). To change colour you could type fog color 80 88 104 that would give you a blue hue fog. If you're still in exponential fog mode, then you also want to change the density with fog density 0.0025 higher values give more dense fog. If you're in linear mode you can use fog start 0 to start the fog from your location and fog end 512 to set the distance where fog is so dense that you only see the fog color. You can also set fog end 0 and fog start 1024 for some weird inverse fog ;)

And finally when you get enough fog, just type fog off to turn it away, note that your fog settings are still set, so if you turn fog on again, it's not gone back to the default white linear fog. Except if you quit the game/program completely.
  • KnightimeX wrote:
    I am using the very latest version of snowberry and obviously doomsday engine.

My question: How do you enable the fog effect?
    It's the effect of where the room looks foggy but clears away the closer you get or becomes more foggy the further away you are at any given point.

At one point in time I had it activated, but the music would not work correctly.
    I deleted some stuff so I could start over again and now I can't remember how I did it for the life of me.

Please help!

ps I love this engine!
    U were using jDEP.
  • Here are the fog definitions from jDEP, ported to the new Map Info format so they don't mess with the music.

EDIT: Oops... Forgot to put guards in the .ded files, so the TNT settings (and map names...) were being applied to everything in Doom 2 / Plutonia. Fixed version is below.
  • You can find the various skyboxes from the old jDEP already updated and downloadable individually from the addons page.