Menu Special Effects in Doomsday/Snowberry

edited 2010 May 12 in DOOM
Hi,

I had downloaded the Doomsday Engine 1.9.0 Beta 6.9 earlier this week, and I am currently using this program to play Doom Collector's Edition.

I was wondering if it is possible to turn of the special effects in the GUI such as the circular loading item and also the blue wavy special effects in menus.

This is not meant to be critical at all of the GUI. I think it is very nicely made. I just enjoy the remastered original graphics your team has made possible a little more.

It is really a very impressive package, and I personally thank you very much for making this series playable so easily on new PCs.

And for one other question, is anti-aliasing applied by default when first playing using this package? I don't notice any jaggies at least :P

Thanks and cheers :)

P.S. I have had trouble installing Doom High Resolution Textures for Beta 6.9, and I can't for the life of me find out what I have done wrong. I downloaded the package that was specific to Snowberry I believe, and put it in the add-ons folder, and got Snowberry to identify its presence with the GUI dropdown in the add-ons section. I also configured it so it would be present as default through all the games configured through the Snowberry frontend. I also only have the Doom Collector's Edition.

The version I downloaded was Doom HRT 20100114.

I don't plan on using it often, but I was just wondering if maybe there was something I am missing here.

I also get the impression when I change settings, they don't always apply while I'm playing the game, while other settings do (like particle effects and stuff). Is there a more in-depth FAQ about all the settings that Doom Engine and Snowberry can apply?

Thanks again for the amazing program :)

P.P.S. You have a very nice looking forum :)

EDIT - I just realized there is a Technical Support section in your forum. Very sorry for posting in the wrong section!

Comments

• The circular progress wheel cannot currently be hidden. Can I ask why you want to disable it?

The background fog drawn behind the menu can be changed or disabled by changing the cvar "menu-fog" in the in-game console (e.g., menu-fog 0).

Anti-aliasing is automatically enabled by default on Windows (we use a multi-sampling based approach).

Changing options in Snowberry whilst Doomsday is running will have no effect until the next time you launch Doomsday. You can find a lot more info about Doomsday at our wiki (see the link at the top of the page, near the DE logo).

As far as I know, the DHTP addon pack works fine with the Beta6.9 release of Doomsday. Perhaps you have misconfigured Snowberry (have you enabled the addon by checking the box next to it in the addon tree?) or disabled high resolution textures?
  • Hiding the loading icon/fog - I really have no reason lol, and I don't really have a problem with it at all! It doesn't bother me very much at all, I was just asking :P

It's not that I think it looks bad or out of place. I don't mind the loading icon really. I just don't like custom overlays in general. Though, if there was an option to make it invisible, I would do that :P

I will review what I had done while installing the HRTP. I probably misused the install function, so I will try that again soon. I'll read over that wiki again.

Thanks for the prompt reply (the menu fog cvar worked very well, I'm glad it saved too, in fact the fog was the real nuisance to me :P) and thanks again for the cool program :)