[1.9.0-beta6.9][XP] New doomsday does not uses LightMaps

edited 2010 May 1 in Technical Support
Doomsday 1.9.0+ does not uses LightMaps (On textures and models all the same) and HighRes fonts for some weird reason while 1.8.6 do. Tried this out on 3 different PCs (P3-800MHz/512/TNT2, P4-1.7GHz/1024/Radeon8500 and Core2Duo 2.33/2048/GeForce 8600).
Its most noticable on Hexen, but appears in all games so here some screenshots to compare
Note the font of HP. Since i used same data folder for both versions it should be the same but it is not used in new Deng:
In 1.8.6
hexen186002.jpg
in 1.9.0-b6.9
hexen002.jpg

In 1.8.6
hexen186003.jpg
in 1.9.0-b6.9
hexen003.jpg

Shiny thingys arent shiny at all in new Deng. Im depressed.

Comments

• I have submitted a bug report for this issue here: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=de ... tid=542099
  • I've just tried HexenShineExample.pk3 for myself and shiny textures appear to be working just fine for me in 1.9.0-Beta6.9

Are you sure the addon loaded correctly? Please post both your doomsday.out and jhexen.cfg files.
  • I'm currently running 1.9.0-beta6.8 and am experiencing exactly the same issues outlined here, and in this thread; no shininess, and no high-res fonts.

I also receive the same error mentioned in the thread above, "there are conflicting resources", etc.

I am running The Ultimate Doom, rather than Hexen, however.
  • There are no Reflection definitions by default, you must load addons which define them.

The conflict reported with jDRP is with model Shiny Textures not world texture/flat Reflections. Check for a duplicate copy of the shinemaps addon in jdrp.box/extra and delete it.

The hires font loading problem is a known issue and will be fixed in a future release.