music addon packs.

edited 2011 Aug 7 in Addons for DOOM
Hi there guys. Sry for my english.
I have some problems with music addon packs.
I installed:
jdmu-doom-classic-20080930.pk3
pk-doom-sfx-20090804.pk3
tnt-remix-lorcan-20071225.pk3
But i dont feel any difference with them, reinstalling didn't help.
Also i tried to install sycraft music addons but i dont have any idea how to make them work in snowberry.

Comments

• Question were they enabled in Snowberry if not then you would not here any diffrence.
  • Yes they were. I tried to run it with them enabled, disabled. ANd dont feel any difference. I even try to uninstall them. And all time i get same soundtracks.
  • - jdmu-doom-classic-20080930.pk3
    This is the same music but recorded using better equipment. It should sound very similar to the original but it should be noticeably different. For original DOOM, Ultimate DOOM and the shareware version only.

- pk-doom-sfx-20090804.pk3
    This is a high quality sound effects pack. It will have no effect on the music. For all versions of DOOM.

- tnt-remix-lorcan-20071225.pk3
    This is a remix. Rather different to the original music. For DOOM2 TNT only.

Which version of Doomsday are you using? Please post your doomsday.out
  • Tried to reinstall all doomsday. That helps me with:
    jdmu-doom-classic-20080930.pk3
    pk-doom-sfx-20090804.pk3
    tnt-remix-lorcan-20071225.pk3
    and i feel difference now. But still have no idea how to make sycrafts addons work.
    I used 1.9.0-beta 6.8.
    Early (over a year ago) i used old 1.8.6 and sycraft's works perfectly there.
    Any advises how to make em work?
  • I also just downloaded and installed jdmu-doom-classic-20080930 but with that activated I have no music at all in Doom 1, when deactivate that addon I hear the normal music. Other addons like hi-res Textures, Resources Pack, UI work just fine, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with my installation.

I'm using 1.9.0beta6.9 on OS X 10.6.3
  • well one thing that i know and has been fix if you download the right pack is Slides skys if you have the old pack then no music plays but if you have the new pack then you should have music cause all music pack work for me. :)
  • What has the sky graphics package to do with music? I don't have that one at all.
    Or did I misunderstand your post? :-/
  • Whilst they're seemingly unrelated to each other, there's a conflict between the two packs which causes the music to stop playing. Installing the updated sky pack fixes this. Give it a go and let us know the results.
  • As I didn't have that packet at all I would assume there can't be a conflict. I downloaded it from the addon page anyway, activating it didn't help.
    I would assume it's because those music files are .ogg which QuickTime isn't able to play, or does Dengine have an ogg decoder build in?
  • well to better under stand your problem you should post your dday.out file contents it might hold the answer.
  • I found doomsday.out in ~/Library/Application Support/Doomsday Engine/runtime/
    at the end of the file I found this:

The Ultimate DOOM Startup
    Game state parameters:
    TGA_Load32_rgba8888: I don't know this format!
    (type=1 pxsize=8 abits=8)
    TGA_Load32_rgba8888: I don't know this format!
    (type=1 pxsize=8 abits=8)
    DS_Error: Error playing music with QuickTime.
    DS_Error: Error playing music with QuickTime.
    P_LoadMap: "E1M1"
    convertMap: Attempting conversion of "E1M1".
    WadMapConverter::Convert: Attempting map conversion...
    WadMapConverter::Convert: DOOM map format.
    BSP_Build: Built 239 Nodes, 240 Subsectors, 1204 Segs, 603 Vertexes
    Balance -4 (l12 - r16).
    Build subsector tables...
    Build line tables...
    convertMap: Successful.
    R_InitLinks: Initializing
  • It looks like QuickTime doesn't support the music format used. We'll look into our options on the Mac platform.
  • It's not just the music format as I've tried converting them to MP3 and changing the definition file to load those MP3 files and it still didn't work.
  • I've just downloaded Doomsday 1.9.0beta6.9 for my Mac (OS X 10.6). I have also got all of the add-ons listed on the add-ons page. Many thanks for this great work! However, I am here to report what may be some bugs :-).

* The TNT music, as well as Sycraft's remixes (v4) are not recognised as "music" add-ons by the launcher. The classic doom and doom2 music .pk3s are.

* When I try to use (i.e. enable) the Sycraft remixes add-on, it has no effect in any game; the normal music is used instead.

* When I try to use either of the classic doom music add-ons, or the TNT remixes one, I get silence instead of music and the console error: "DS_Error: Error playing music with QuickTime."

It seems others have been having similar problems in the past (hence me adding to this thread) -- but that was a while ago.

Thanks for your time (and excellent work)!