Just downloaded, I'm having a few issues (glBSP not found)

edited 2010 Mar 4 in Technical Support
When I start Doom II on Doomsday, I get the message

"glBSP utility not found! Please ensure that Doomsday is installed correctly, Doomsday will run without additional glBSP map data, but you may encounter graphic bugs and/or performance degradation"

This probably explains why when I play the game, all of the in-game spites (including enemies, ammo, pick-ups, etc) are half-invisable.

Like, I can only see one half of them.

I re-downloaded the program to ensure I installed it correctly, and got the same issue.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'd really love to play Doomsday because it makes the game look great, however not with the graphic problem.

Comments

• Serges wrote:
    glBSP utility not found! Please ensure that Doomsday is installed correctly, Doomsday will run without additional glBSP map data, but you may encounter graphic bugs and/or performance degradation
    Older versions of Doomsday require you to download and install the glBSP utility: http://glbsp.sourceforge.net/
    This probably explains why when I play the game, all of the in-game spites (including enemies, ammo, pick-ups, etc) are half-invisable. Like, I can only see one half of them.
    This is a know issue with certain ATI driver revisions. This problem has since been fixed in later versions of Doomsday.

Alternatively you could use the 1.9.0-beta6.8 release which has neither of these issues.
  • Thanks for the reply. I'll try to download the Beta version and see if I have better luck with that.