Light effect and music problems

Greetings, everyone, I'm new in this forum.

I'm asking for your help to solve two problems:

1. Any version of Doomsday Engine after the 1.14.5 doesn't display light effects in most elements, as an example, this image:
cmhyxrh5mldr.png

Notice that in the 1.14.5 version this light effect in the structure's eyes light up, while in the last version, it doesn't. That's one of my problems. I haven't wanted to update it to any other version after 1.14.5 because such effects do not show in many other elements in the game. Do I need to turn on or activate something? Is it that the following versions to 1.14.5 don't display that light effect? I attach the doomsday.out file according to what is requested.

2. My second problem is simpler: one of the Addons I'm using (which used to be available in your page some time ago) are music files .pk3 called d1music, d2music, plmusic and tntmusic, which is a mix of the game's music. When I try to upload the music in the 2.2.2 version, it doesn't play, but I hear the original music, while, again, in the 1.14.5 version it does.

Thanks for your help, please if you need further information, let me know.

Comments

• For the music, you might need to try a different audio back-end. Also, check whether Doomsday is set to prefer MUS lumps or external audio files.

For the lighting, there's probably an outdated add-on in your setup (and there might not be an updated version that does what you want yet). Try comparing both versions of Doomsday without any graphical add-ons and see if anything is still present in one but missing in the other.
  • YFMYFM
    edited 2020 May 28
    For the music, you might need to try a different audio back-end. Also, check whether Doomsday is set to prefer MUS lumps or external audio files.

For the lighting, there's probably an outdated add-on in your setup (and there might not be an updated version that does what you want yet). Try comparing both versions of Doomsday without any graphical add-ons and see if anything is still present in one but missing in the other.

For the problem with the music it was only needed that I changed the audio plug-in, indeed. Thanks.

Regarding the illumination problem, I removed all the add-on and that was the only way that I could see the illumination effect.

w44z0v8oe13m.png

I identified that the add-on deng-dhtp-2017101.pk3 is what makes the light have that "problem". I even loaded the file deng-dhtp-20150723.pk3 (which is from a previous version) and I still couldn't see the illumination effect. This evidently surpasses my knowledge and I have no way to fix it, or could it be that the versions after DOOMSDAY 1.14.5 do not display this illumination with the active add-on deng-dhtp-xxxx?

I guess, just like you said, this version can’t display the illumination effects correctly.

Thanks for your support, flamapanther.
  • There must've been a change to how the light definitions work at some point since 2017.