Map Change (Episodes) in Doom 1 and Heretic

There seems to be an issue for selecting another episode in Doom 1 or Heretic. The map change does not go forward during multiplayer. Is this still an ongoing bug. I have tried 'mapcycle' to see if that will bypass the problem but it hasn't. And yes I have tried 'server-game-episode' ('server-game-map') and still does not make the change to the next map. This happens only in the latter episodes (not Episode 1).

Comments

• I change the map using the GUI Server Shell provided. I use it from windows, but my server is a linux server.

I've never tried changing it with actual commands. I do use commands on singleplayer.
  • Makaki wrote: »
    I change the map using the GUI Server Shell provided. I use it from windows, but my server is a linux server.

I've never tried changing it with actual commands. I do use commands on singleplayer.

Oh, no, I don't mean that. What I meant to say it does not go to the next map when you end the level. It's just gets stuck on the end level menu. This happens in the latter episodes. Episode one does not have this issue. By the way, I'm still using Doomsday 2.0.3 stable version which I forgot to mention. Any ideas?
  • I have searched the forum and noticed other people have this issue. I have found this thread which is the same problem I'm having. Unfortunately, there isn't any error message log to report... https://talk.dengine.net/discussion/2553/cant-get-episode-2-to-work-on-multiplayer
  • I'll make a note to investigate this.
  • skyjake wrote: »
    I'll make a note to investigate this.

Hey, skyjake. Thanks. Have you look into this yet?

• I tried to reproduce the issue using the latest 2.2 build, but it seemed to work fine both in Ultimate Doom and Heretic (tried various E2 maps).

During intermission, I did press the Use/Fire key (defaults to Space/Ctrl) to request proceeding forward.

Can you confirm if 2.2 works for you, or if the Use/Fire key has any effect? Also, seeing your log file would likely be helpful.
  • skyjake wrote: »
    I tried to reproduce the issue using the latest 2.2 build, but it seemed to work fine both in Ultimate Doom and Heretic (tried various E2 maps).

During intermission, I did press the Use/Fire key (defaults to Space/Ctrl) to request proceeding forward.

Can you confirm if 2.2 works for you, or if the Use/Fire key has any effect? Also, seeing your log file would likely be helpful.

Yes! It's working now for this build, I am still using the stable 2.0.3 for connecting as a client; however, using the Shell on the build 2.2.0 for the server side seems to work. Thanks! :smile: