Tap, Tap... This thing on?

Sooo... I get it. Doom source ports... even ones as amazing as this one... are pretty niche. And being the only dev for such an application is more about the passion for the project than actually making end users happy. Fair.

But holy shit are these forums ever dead. I've posted in several places... some of those comments/posts going back almost a month... I've seen one reply in the entire time I've been checking. And I mean one reply on the whole board. I feel super fortunate that it happened to be a reply to one of my comments.

What surprises me is there seemed to be more activity before I posted. Cause I actually checked some of the timestamps on recent posts and the responses to them before I posted. Maybe it's just that no one likes me. :-P

Anyway, just checking for signs of life. Else I may have to just stop checking for a few months and hopefully eventually remember to come back and see if I need to give more info.

Comments

• Hello, and thanks for understanding. I agree it's slow right now, both in the forums as well as on the coding front.

Making new releases would likely help liven up this place, but my time is particularly limited at the moment. I am still slowly working toward a bigger 2.2 release, though.

So yeah, the main developer is still here at least.
  • Dday has slowed down a lot over the last year and a lot of the features I recall being planned for future Dday have since appeared in other ports.

I think a lot rides on the upcoming 2.2 release.
  • I advise keeping your expectations low for 2.2. The reason why progress has slowed down is not going anywhere — good old obligations of family life — so the pace will continue to be "relaxed", so to speak.

I would recommend and hope that any fan of the original Doom games would get well-acquainted with all the available ports so that the best one for any given situation can be enjoyed. :smile:
  • skyjake wrote: »
    Hello, and thanks for understanding. I agree it's slow right now, both in the forums as well as on the coding front.

Making new releases would likely help liven up this place, but my time is particularly limited at the moment. I am still slowly working toward a bigger 2.2 release, though.

So yeah, the main developer is still here at least.
    skyjake wrote: »
    I advise keeping your expectations low for 2.2. The reason why progress has slowed down is not going anywhere — good old obligations of family life — so the pace will continue to be "relaxed", so to speak.

I would recommend and hope that any fan of the original Doom games would get well-acquainted with all the available ports so that the best one for any given situation can be enjoyed. :smile:

I was using Risen3D recently... but doomsday's graphics are well beyond Risen3D. And looking to go every further from what I've read. I only keep Risen3D around for maps that seem to either trip over features doomsday doesn't have or have performance issues on doomsday. Otherwise very pleased with it and not really much to complain about tbh. Mostly I've posted the problems I have cause... as an IT service technician... I get that you can't be expected to fix problems you don't know about.

It's actually gonna be a challenge, for me personally, to keep my expectations low... you've set quite the high bar. :-D But I can be patient instead... which is almost as good!