I know this makes me sound like a cranky old geezer...which isn't terribly far from the truth...
but really, does it have to be SO OBSCURE/HArd to manage addons?
1. haven't played Doomsday in > 1-2 years; have a new computer, so I downloaded installed doomsday 2.0.3...
2. the fact that it goes in my (Windows 10 64-bit) 2.0.2 (yes point-2) folder is not why I write
3. I believe I have the same perspective as 99% of your users...I want to replay these games, but with the best mods/addons/maps/total conversions,etc...
4. I mean really, who would use Doomsday ONLY to play the same old vanilla games with no additions?
5. which brings me to....I've been struggling for 40 minutes, reading online info etc., and am STILL totally in-the-dark as to how to do what should be ,after all these iterations of Doomsday, the simplest no-brainer thing in the world.
Here are the addons I wish to use:-
I have all 4 as zip files.
Should not there be an aspect of the interface that lets one do this?
I do not mean dos commands...I certainly don't mean altering .cfg files
I just mean simply playing these addons
Is not the ability to play with add-ons, in a simple manner, the basic minimum of any modern source port 'improvement'?
I've been playing Doomsday since BEFORE 1.8.6...and that was the last version with an incredibly simple interface to do so
Versions after 1.8.6 had snowberry...which was less intuitive, but at least it was easy enough to figure out, albeit more cumbersome than the earlier method
7. I seems now we have NONE of that?
Despite my longwinded blabbering, I think I am asking for a very basic thing as an end-user, am I not?
Can you or anyone tell me exactly how to add those exact 4 add-ons to Hexen simply?
And going forward, if there is no simple method why can't there be?
I thank you for listening, and to anyone who can help