two commands one key

edited 2009 Nov 13 in Technical Support
i remember some time back reading that the ability to have two in game commands assigned to one key was being implemented, i was wondering if that was ever done. the problem i'm having is that when i enable "always run" in doom my turn speed is not turning at a running speed i've already changed turn speed to 5 in the4 console but that only seems to effect the turn speed while the run key is pressed. so what i would like to do is assign run and open to the same key as i am using the 360 controller to play and i'd like to assign run and open to the x button and all my other buttons are being used

or better yet a way to make the turning speed the same with always run on as is when run is held

thanks in advance

Comments

• The way turning and strafing works has been changed for the next release so for now I suggest you sit tight and see how it works in 1.9.0-beta6.8

The facility for multiple bindings per device control/event was implemented a few versions back (binding contexts).
  • thanks for answering i'll try and figure out what you mean by (binding contexts( good to hear the news of the imminent new release