losing FPS

edited 2016 Aug 20 in Technical Support
Heya there fellas, long time without taking a look over here, i decide to upgrade from 1.9 to 1.15, everything looks great, ligths, that bloom effect, really pretty, but daangit boys the fps drops a lot on custom maps or megawads like alien veneta or plutonia 2!. 1.9 runs everything at smoothly 60 fps and now drops to 30 or even less, and i don't have a bad rig (core i7 3º generation 3.4, 12 gb ram 1333mhz, nvidia gtx 670) i mean i can run fancy things like darkplaces engine for quake 1 at full graphics with HD packs, berserker quake 2, even doom 2016 at medium high with 60 fps. your work is great but, ¿don't you think you are taken this to far for just doom? or maybe it's just me, any way great job! all.

here are some pics

2rnzxb7.png

29y1hmv.png

everything is fine here

yifx3.png

catcha latter guys, keep the good work!.

Comments

• Nodtilor wrote:
    the fps drops a lot on custom maps or megawads like alien veneta or plutonia 2
    Yes indeed, we are familiar with this issue. Doomsday's renderer simply isn't optimized well enough for very complex maps. It isn't really dependent on the GPU you're using, or even the CPU, it's just that the algorithms used in the renderer become too slow when the map data is large or complicated, or when there are lots of dynamic light sources visible. This is something we are planning to tackle as we're (slowly) revising the rendering engine.

Nice looking pics. :)
  • Nodtilor wrote:
    here are some pics

Off-topic question: What 3d model packs do you use? Especially those for HUD weapons?
    Also, what hi-res packs do you use?

Thanks.
  • Hi skyjake, thanks for reply and thanks for clear my doubts about rendering problems. since i like to mod doomsday i will keep with 1.9 and just be patient and wait until the definitive doomsday engine release. cheers for you and your team!. ;)
    What 3d model packs do you use? Especially those for HUD weapons?
    Also, what hi-res packs do you use?

welp, i have a mess on my doomsday installation, so i use:

A compilation of (in my opinion) the best looking: HD textures from JDoom HD texture pack, Risen 3D texture packs, my own redesigns and my own new custom textures.

and the same for 3D models and HUD, compilations of JDoom resource pack, Risen 3D models and my owns.