DOOM Resource Pack (jDRP) Error

edited 2016 May 30 in Technical Support
Hello all,

I'm having a problem with Doomsday. Not sure if this is known or addressed, but I followed the steps accordingly.

1. Downloaded latest Doomsday from homepage. It directed me to download link: doomsday_1.15.8.exe
2. Installed successfully in default location C:\Program Files(x86)\Doomsday\snowberry
3. Configured and added .wads of game sucessfully.
4. Went to the download page to download addons.
5. Downloaded DOOM Resource Pack (jDRP) 3D model pack (addon.box version). Version: 1.01 Games: Any DOOM

Unzipped the archive in snowberry\addons folder and it created a jdrp.box folder in the addons directory. When I lauched the Doomsday Engine shortcut from desktop the addon was already listed there for Doom 1 game.

Loads fine but I notice in game for Doom and Heretic that I am getting an error message about some textures not loading correctly. It is listed in the top right as a yellow caution triangle ... posted screenshot to show.

http://i66.tinypic.com/adktgy.png

55i7mv.png

As you can see I am getting a failed to load error for some of these textures. They don't seem to be working. Wanted to see if I am doing something wrong and if someone can post. If you need me to post any specs or .logs or anything please let me know.

Windows 10 x64, Skylake 6600k, R9 380 GPU.

Also, on a side note on my old computer I am running Doomsday Engine 1.9.0-beta5.1 with a bunch of old addons .pk3 that don't seem to be supported in this new version.

I have the wolf3dhud.pk3 which seems to work great in this new version :D, however doom_rain-20060501-1.pk3 and hexen_rain_20060522.pk3 don't seem to work in this version. They added rain to DOOM and HEXEN levels. :D If anyone is interested in these add-ons I can share with the community. I guess I am a horder for old files. I am glad that I still had the wolf3dhud.pk3 as it makes DOOM MARINE FACE more interesting then the original, which its not offered on your website anymore.

If anyone is interested about these old addons I am more then willing to share. I hope someone can assist me with the texture error problems.

Thank You,.

Comments

• this is a known thing and should be fine. do not spill your milk over this.
  • To elaborate a little, those "failed to load" errors in that version of jDRP are minor mistakes in how the resources in the pack have been prepared, and it is ok to ignore them.
  • OK, thank you for the reply. I will just ignore them and continue to play the game as normally.

How about the information that I also asked regarding ... doom_rain-20060501-1.pk3 and hexen_rain_20060522.pk3?

Any chance of getting these .pk3 files to work with the new version of Doomsday? They work in the old beta version I have. They add rain in-game to certain DOOM1/Ultimate DOOM/HEXEN levels. It was a neat little add-on coded. I have the original files. I can host them for anyone to take a look if they are interested in having this add-on back into the game.

Thanks for your time.
  • OK, thank you for the reply. I will just ignore them and continue to play the game as normally.

@ heyyahblah1
    If I continue to play to game then I don't see the (HUD) weapons related to the files that are not successfully loaded. It sounds weird, but aiming without seeing the weapon is difficult. Did you manage to find a workable solution or fix?

Thanks for any tips!