Game doesn't start

edited 2016 May 16 in Technical Support
I tried a few different build but the problem remains. When i try to launch any Doom wad the loading bar reaches 100% then the process just stops responding. No error message or crash, nothing happens.

Would love to try the newer versions of doomsday. I played through Doom 1 & 2 a couple of years ago with the doomsday engine as it was the best at time time.

What could be the cause of this problem?

My PC:
Laptop
Win 7 64bit
i5-3210M
8GB RAM
nvidia 630M / intel HD 4000

Comments

• Could you attach your doomsday.out log file (see the green note at the top of this page)? That might contain some clues for us.

One thing that at least in theory could be going wrong is antialiasing. Have you tried launching the game with the "-nofsaa" command line option?
  • Alright i have attached the file. Reading it, it seems that my integrated HD 4000 is running the game instead of the 630M gpu. Is that the problem?

Running it with -nofsaa didn't work.
  • Sirbiss wrote:
    Alright i have attached the file. Reading it, it seems that my integrated HD 4000 is running the game instead of the 630M gpu. Is that the problem?
    I believe that's the most likely problem here.

Unfortunately OpenGL provides no straightforward way to choose the primary GPU. You might find some settings for this in the software/drivers provided by the manufacturer of your laptop. Sometimes it is possible to disable one of the GPUs entirely via the computer BIOS, although considering you have a laptop that would likely hurt your battery life.