John Romero's recently alternate DOOM E1M8.

antant
edited 2016 Feb 7 in Addons for DOOM
https://twitter.com/romero/status/688054778790834176

Did anyone tried it? I did under old Doomsday Engine with its old enhancement addons in my very old, updated Windows XP Pro SP3 machine. It was great even though Doomsday Engine crashed thrice during the hour I played. :D

Comments

• I enjoyed it, a really good play
  • when a master is just warming up you know were in for something.
  • It is a good map that I enjoyed playing. Though I thought there were too many bad guys (and of course ammo for dealing with them) crammed in and that progression was a bit random at times. An alternative music track may have also helped the atmosphere a bit.

Of course, I dream that this is a warm up for more Doom maps by the great Romero, but apparently it's only warmup for creating maps for the new FPS he's a part of.
  • is this fps in the doom mapping style? if not then this is a warmup for more doom lvls.
  • Vermil wrote:
    It is a good map that I enjoyed playing. Though I thought there were too many bad guys (and of course ammo for dealing with them) crammed in and that progression was a bit random at times. An alternative music track may have also helped the atmosphere a bit.

Of course, I dream that this is a warm up for more Doom maps by the great Romero, but apparently it's only warmup for creating maps for the new FPS he's a part of.
    Yeah. I used D1PSXMUS.WAD instead of the default MIDI tunes. ;)