Cannot launch Doomsday Engine, ever!

edited 2015 Jun 29 in Technical Support
Hello, I am VERY new to this forum so I hope I am posting in the right section. I have been hammering at this issue all day and I was working on my last one for DAYS and never figured it out, so I was hoping I could find some help here.

I can install Doomsday Engine without a hitch but I can never open the program to configure the wad settings. I only get,

"Errors occurred

See the logfile 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Doomsday\snowberry\snowberry.exe.log' for details"

I understand that there was a separate post made about this already, but it was mentioned there that he got it to run at LEAST once. I have never been able to launch it no matter how many times I install it, if I'm administrator or not, or what installer I use.

Also like another post I saw, I cannot find this log file in the directory that it is located. In fact I can't find it at all!

I would really appreciate any help you can give for this issue, and I will continue to work on solving it myself. I will update the post with the solution if I find it.

Thank you for your time,

DukeReeves.

EDIT: I have not found the solution yet but I do have more information regarding my problem.
The following is the snowberry.exe.log file detailing my problem:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "snowberry.py", line 25, in <module>
  File "language.pyc", line 23, in <module>
  File "paths.pyc", line 73, in <module>
  File "host.pyc", line 59, in isMac
  File "platform.pyc", line 1058, in system
  File "platform.pyc", line 977, in uname
  File "platform.pyc", line 401, in _syscmd_ver
  File "platform.pyc", line 356, in popen
pywintypes.error: (2, 'CreateProcess', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')
pywintypes.error: (2, 'CreateProcess', 'The system cannot find the file specified.')

Finally I am using version 1.9.0-beta6.9. This one does not work. However the newer version DOES! Hooray! Only problem with this is I am following source code modding tutorials that involve creating a file called jDoom.dll and replacing the original jDoom.dll found in the Doomsday folder. Only problem is this file no longer exists in the newer versions: HOW DO YOU MOD?!

Thanks again.

Comments

• everything is now contained in the files called DNG_*.dll
  • DukeReeves wrote:
    Only problem with this is I am following source code modding tutorials that involve creating a file called jDoom.dll and replacing the original jDoom.dll found in the Doomsday folder. Only problem is this file no longer exists in the newer versions: HOW DO YOU MOD?!
    The project's internal structure has changed somewhat since beta6.9. Nowadays the Doom plugin is just called "bin\plugins\doom.dll".

Depending on what you're modding, things may have changed inside the game plugins since beta6.9. We can give further assistance if you describe what you're trying to do in a bit more detail.