Texture tiling issues?

edited 2015 Jun 29 in Technical Support
I updated my GeForce GTX 660 video card drivers last night to v353.30 and began getting noticeable tiling issues with animated flats in Dday 1.15:

http://s1.postimg.org/uflh6t7tb/doom2_029.png

I'm using hi-res textures as they show it much more clearly.

Comments

• I have the same video card too, and updated the driver yesterday.

I checked out the animated brown nukage in Plutonia Map01 (right at the beginning of the level) to test this out. The flat was kind of glowing, has it always been like that? My memory is a bit fuzzy on that.
  • defiantly vid card settings but it almost looks like there 3d in a way.
  • Gordon wrote:
    defiantly vid card settings but it almost looks like there 3d in a way.

Any suggestion as to what settings? I've basically left them on default.
    I have the same video card too, and updated the driver yesterday.

I checked out the animated brown nukage in Plutonia Map01 (right at the beginning of the level) to test this out. The flat was kind of glowing, has it always been like that? My memory is a bit fuzzy on that.
    The brown nukage sector at the start of Plutonia Map01 has a flickering light special. As does the brown nukage sector before the rocket launcher area, where the flickering is much more noticeable. On top of that one of the frames of the brown nukage animation also happens to feature a much higher brightness than the other frames.
  • being as i do not have an nvidea card i can't help you
  • Vermil wrote:

The brown nukage sector at the start of Plutonia Map01 has a flickering light special. As does the brown nukage sector before the rocket launcher area, where the flickering is much more noticeable. On top of that one of the frames of the brown nukage animation also happens to feature a much higher brightness than the other frames.
    Ah, I see. Never would've thought that sector had a flickering light.
  • I actually think it is the DHTP causing the problem. will look into it
    [edit]

Yep dhtp fault
  • it may be a simple fix for the DHTP but what about the base game as he is having the problem there as well?
  • I have checked and I actually believe it's a flaw in the original artwork (specifically the lava) that I wasn't really noticing before, that I assume the DHTP was imitating.

I feel silly now; If I could, I would delete this thread :(
  • actually as far as i know the flats have tiled correctly for me at least so it could be a problem with either dday or your vid card but the best way to see if this is a doom problem is to load it up in dosbox and see of it's there.

Edit: did a quick test and found no tiling issue on my end now to try with the DHTP i have. what version did you use?

Edit2: i found a problem but i think it's already been fix in the later DHTP and that is at 1 frame in particular on map 29 there is a line on one frame and only one frame. this is nothing like what Vermil was discribing.