Menu Text filtering/rendering

edited 2015 May 31 in Technical Support
Haven't used Doomsday in a few years.

I can't seem to make the main menu/hud text look pixelated (ie. not be rendered/filtered).

In the old version of doomsday i used back in 2012(?) to achieve this iirc the setting was under Graphics/Textures?.

I've got everything else looking vanilla (via the vanilla rendering setting in the in-game renderer GUI setting, I've also disabled anisotropic filtering in the launcher.

what setting am I missing to achieve this result I am looking for (pixelated menu/hud text)?

Comments

• Unfortunately no such option exists in newer versions of Doomsday. This is an outstanding issue we need to address.
  • ah, thanks for the quick reply!

yeah, other than this issue (and the one in my other thread) Doomsday Engine is quite a delight.

(fwiw, if there was a donate button on the site i'd have clicked it)

Thanks for all the hard work put into this.
  • Great to hear you are enjoying Doomsday :)

Yeah I did notice your other thread but I'm not entirely sure if there is a way to automate a renderer profile change from the command line, else I would have replied already (I'm not too familiar with this part of the code myself). We'll post a reply soon though.

There is actually a method for donation if you would like to contribute:
    Donate (with PayPal)
    (We do need to get this on the site itself...)
  • I tried to utilize that Paypal Donate link you posted but it just sends me to a page that says "Sorry — your last action could not be completed".
  • There is a working donation link in the navbar on our SourceForge project page: https://sourceforge.net/projects/deng/

Thanks for considering donating to the project!