Why does Build 1591 request a reboot of the Computer?

edited 2015 May 12 in Technical Support
The Subject has most of the question, I do not remember Doomsday build updates requiring a reboot of the computer before, but build 1591 does request a reboot of the computer at the end of the loading of this build. Anyone know about this apparent new behavior? Is it OK?

I did download this from the usual official site that one is directed to by the Doomsday site and not from some other site.

Comments

• I have just updated my Windows 7 install via the built-in updater, to build 1591 and was not prompted to reboot. As far as I am aware nothing has changed that should have required a reboot.

Which OS are you running and which Doomsday version did you update from?
  • OS = Win7 64bit and updated from 1588.

I guess now I must decide if I should reboot my computer and take my changes as I did not choose to reboot the computer then but clicked on the button to reboot the computer later. The dialog box asking for the reboot appeared to be from the updater and not from windows.

I have run several malware and antivirus programs on the 1591 file and both found nothing.

Perhaps I will run system wide checks for malware before rebooting.

EDIT: Update - I ran both a malware and antivirus on my whole system and they found nothing, so I will reboot and see what happens.
  • Yeah nothing has changed in the installer to warrant a reboot. In fact, installing Doomsday has never needed a reboot and likely never will.

Perhaps Windows (or you, unknowingly) earlier did an update in the background that requested a reboot?
  • if it was a windows update it would pick a time at night at least thats what happens with me.