[Addons] Texture Load Order Bug (?) with jDUI [Resolved]

edited 2011 Jan 2 in Technical Support
This may be a problem only in the jDUI addon DED files, I really don't know. The new fonts on the main menu do not get loaded, except for 'Nightmare'. But then, if I go into Control Panel and make any change to Texture settings to trigger a reload, for example - I turn "Smart Filtering" off, then back on, and then the replacement textures take effect. For calarification, here's two screenshots - obviously the first being at first-load of Doomsday, the second after I toggle that option to trigger the Texture Reload (they are scaled down and JPG compressed for your convenience).

doom1ultimate001.th.jpg doom1ultimate002.th.jpg

Anyone have any ideas why this is the case? My guess is that it's a load order issue, but I don't see how the IWAD lumps could be chosen to be loaded after the jDUI textures.... I poked around the DED files but nothing stood out to my untrained eye :P

Comments

• This is a known, compound problem of this issue and this issue.
  • Great, thanks DaniJ :) Thankfully the HUD and HiRes face and everything else seems to always work from first-load.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    This is a known, compound problem of this issue and this issue.

The first is resolved for beta 10, will we see a fix for 1738047 as well? =)
  • Issue #1738047 is yet to be scheduled. The reason it has been put off for so long is because fixing it has implications throughout the virtual file system, which, is being completely redesigned for 2.0