How do I change resolutions?

edited 2015 Apr 13 in Technical Support
This seems like an incredibly silly thing to have to ask, but for the life of me, I cannot find a place to change resolutions, or make the game full screen instead of windowed.

This may be related, but even though I've downloaded the newest version (1.14.5), the frontend still says 1.6 at the top.

It looks like this:

ctZInac.png

Any insight or help would be appreciated. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, and also completely deleting the Doomsday Engine folder from Documents. Still getting the same issue.

Thanks!

Comments

• You can change the resolution and other window settings when Doomsday is running, via the task bar > Gear menu > Video.

The task bar can be opened when Doomsday is running by pressing Shift-Escape.

The frontend doesn't provide these settings because it doesn't access native video APIs. The frontend's version number is also separate from Doomsday's. We are planning to get rid of the separate launcher in the future.
  • Other than a basic pwad/mod loading GUI in Ring Zero (by which I mean a basic GUI, stuff like profiles is advanced stuff), is Snowberry is close to retirement?
  • Vermil wrote:
    Other than a basic pwad/mod loading GUI in Ring Zero (by which I mean a basic GUI, stuff like profiles is advanced stuff), is Snowberry is close to retirement?
    I would say yes. Once there is a Ring Zero UI for selecting which WADs/addons to load for a particular game, I'm willing to retire Snowberry. All of its features will not be available in Doomsday immediately afterwards, but of course the most important ones will be added later on. When it comes to profiles, I'm not sure the exact same concept is suitable for Doomsday, but one should be able to save specific configurations for later one way or another.

In practice, the bulk of the work is in the UI for browsing and selecting from large lists (i.e., file directory contents), and under the hood making Doomsday understand the Snowberry add-on bundle format.
  • Oh, yeah totally forgot about Shift-Esc. Thanks!

So... should I worry that Doomsday says 1.6 at the top like in my screenshot instead of 1.14.5?
  • Yeah it's correct that the frontend says version 1.6. It will stay at that version for the foreseeable future, independent of the Doomsday stable releases.
  • Good to know. Thanks! :)