Mouse will not work in game.

Hi, I have been a user of doomsday engine in the past and finally got around with my new pc to downloading it again to play, and I installed version 1.15 (which is the newest as of this writing) and it seems to work fine, all wads working properly, add-ons, etc.

The problem is that once I run a game, it will let me use my mouse for the menus, ui elements, etc. but my mouse will NOT work in the game. No matter how much I click in the window or dig through input settings etc. my mouse pointer just moves over the screen, no response in game. It acts like my mouse is still stuck in the ui overlay even though the ui overlay is closed and all. I can't get it to work in any of the games. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd love to play these old gems again.

Comments

• Please see the note in the top of the page about posting your doomsday.out log file to help us analyze the issue.
  • are you perhaps still in the task bar as that can happen but as skyjake said we need the dday.out file or we will never know whats going on.
  • I've sometimes found that the game world doesn't reclaim the mouse (i.e it remains a pointer) after closing the taskbar or refocusing on the Dday window. But I've always been able to get the game to reclaim the mouse with a single click when such occurs.
  • In the latest unstable (1535), I've produced a seemingly reproducible case where mouse usage in the Taskbar and Ring Zero breaks.

1. While in a game open the taskbar and head through the menu's to the renderer appearance menu.
    2. Edit the custom profile and toggle dynamic lights off/on several times fairly quickly (I ultimately left them on after the toggling).
    3. Reset the profile.
    4. Click on the gameworld with the mouse, which closes the renderer appearance menu.

I then found that neither the Taskbar or Ring Zero would then respond to mouse clicks at all (i.e I had to restart Dday to restore mouse control) and attempting to start another game plugin after returning to Ring Zero crashed Dday with:

P_Callbackp: DmuArgs::value: 8454016 is not a valid value for DDVT_BLENDMODE.
    ^ : Application terminated due to exception:
    DmuArgs::value: 8454016 is not a valid value for DDVT_BLENDMODE.

The keyboard (and keyboard taskbar shortcut) appear to continue to function and I could type cvars.
  • Weird. right after I came here and posted my doomsday.out, i booted it up, having changed nothing, and it seems to be working fine... No idea what the heck was up, I shut doomsday down and back on multiple times the other night never once got it to work, tried it today, worked first time.... :-/ :-/ :-/