Store configuration per Snowberry/Ring Zero profile?

edited 2015 Mar 6 in General
Hi,

I'd like to know if there's a way to generate different configuration files depending on which Snowberry or Doomsday profile is loaded, instead of a single one for all doom games/hexen games/etc.

For instance, if I'm loading a Doom mod that changes player-eyeheight to 100 (whose value is changed through XG) and then load vanilla Doom, the vanilla eyeheight would still be 100 and the only way to reset it would be through the taskbar.

Is there any way to create a separate configuration file just for the new profile?

Comments

• what do you mean? each game as far as i am aware had a separate profile.
  • Each game has its own profile for general settings, but some console variables are saved in another configuration file.

For example, the console variables for all Doom games are located in configs\doom\game.cfg. If I wanted to change, say, menu-scale to 1.0 just for doom-plut, it would affect doom-tnt, doom2 and doom-ultimate as well.

I was asking if there's a way to generate a separate cfg per profile or iwad, not game.
  • By default, there are Doom (all), Heretic (all), HeXen (all), Chex and Hacx configs.

There is a command line option for remapping to a custom/new config file: '-cfg c:\XXX\YYY\ZZZ.cfg)'.

Bare in mind however, that -cfg remaps the config of every game you use in the current session, to the custom/new config (i.e the -cfg specified config remains in use even if you switch games via Ring Zero).