Support for Mapping Hacks

edited 2015 Feb 13 in General
For the last few months I've been building some doom maps with Doomsday in mind, and just run into a problem with this ceiling hack. Most other hacks of this type I've done seem to work in Doomsday, but this one glitches. Do you have any advice for fixing this?

The hack:

dkDhUpu.jpg

Most ports render this:

uM2sQXf.jpg

Doomsday renders this:

en6dvBT.jpg

I understand Doomsday as yet doesn't support every mapping hack. I found a thread dating to 2013 saying that support for such things was being improved. Is that still progressing?

Comments

• An all new algorithm for supporting rendering hacks was added in Dday 1.12, after the old algorithm was removed some time prior.

It has been worked on a little bit since then, though there are a couple of rendering hack types that it currently has no support for, notably invisible walls. I imagine Deng Team will rectify that when they have the time.

That said, Dday should support the particular rendering hack shown in your images; however Dday can sometimes fail to render it correctly depending on the layout of the sectors underneath it; I've experienced this in one of my own maps.
  • that rendering hack should produce a HOM affect but to get it to work properly look to the doom lvls to see how they work. also some ports render that affect differently.
  • To clarify, every other port I tested on (including the DOOM2.EXE under DOSBOX) renders the hack as intended.
  • Please upload the map someplace so we can take a look at it in a debug environment