Coop Save Games

XeoXeo
edited 2015 Jan 18 in Technical Support
Is it possible to save games in coop multiplayer games? I heard that an older version of Doomsday might be able to do it. Would anyone know what version would be needed?

Comments

• not at the moment
  • A new save game system was implemented in 1.14. It stands to reason that it may have bugs.

Practically all the 1.14 releases have been about fixing bugs in the new save game system and HeXen (though I don't know if Doom and Heretic MP save games work).
  • Saving the game in multiplayer was disabled several versions ago, when we split the client and server into separate executables. This has nothing at all to do with the new savegame system and is not a bug per say. Saving the game in coop will be reintroduced in a future version once the game session management is made more robust.

There is only one outstanding bug with the savegame system in 1.14.5 that is specific to Hexen and which only manifests when attempting to load a save made at specific times. I'm currently in the process of addressing that issue for the 1.15 release.
  • lets hope we get this functionality back as it was an awesome feature in doom/heretic/hexen tho it could only be used though setup.
  • DaniJ wrote:
    Saving the game in multiplayer was disabled several versions ago, when we split the client and server into separate executables. This has nothing at all to do with the new savegame system and is not a bug per say.
    I thought I'd heard that Dday currently crashes when loading a save game in MP (now I'm not sure whether I was imagining it :p), hence why I assumed it was a bug.

Apologies for the incorrect assumption; I don't play prolonged co-op much.