Need help starting from a windows shortcut

XeoXeo
edited 2015 Jan 12 in Technical Support
I would like to be able to run Doom/Doom 2/Heretic/Hexen straight through the game extension I use on my home theater PC. I've been able to create a shortcut using the command line options displayed in Snowberry, but it doesn't detect the add-ons I've placed in the Auto folder under data\jheretic (such as the jhrp1_01.box folder). How can I get this shortcut to load the add-ons as well? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• .box add-ons are currently only supported by the front end (Snowberry). They wont work in /auto as you found out. To use these without the front end you'll need to determine the actual command line arguments and provide these to the engine, as the front end would do.

The easiest way to do this currently is to start the front end and activate the relevant add-ons, then right-click the Play button to Preview the command line - from here you can copy the relevant arguments into your batch/response file and/or shortcut.

We plan to address this in a future version of the engine with native support for .box add-ons.