aiming and oculus rift.

edited 2015 Mar 2 in General
I'm not sure if this is the right place but here goes.

I'm really enjoying Hexen on the rift except that it feels like my mouse is fighting my headtracking. I was wondering if there is a way to separate aiming from the rift and put it back to the mouse where it feels more natural? Playing TF2 or just about any Valve game, the aiming is done with the mouse and can move up down left right and the head tracking is for looking around (also up down left right) The crosshair would feel more natural if it could float around the view area via mouse.
The way it is now, I tend to not look around or I lose track of which way is front (I have the hud rather small and translucent so it's not the best indicator.

I suppose the problem would be hud models not being jointed so they could point any direction. Maybe something to ponder as an option with future builds.

Comments

• Indeed, Doomsday's current control scheme for Oculus Rift does not support the mouse. You are supposed to look around and aim with your head, and move with the keyboard or a gamepad.

I would suggest filing a feature request in the Tracker about adding a mouse-based (Valve-like) Rift aiming mode.