wadmapconverter.dll cannot be found

edited 2015 Jan 6 in Technical Support
For some time across many different builds I have been getting the orange triangle in the upper right corner on loading Doomsday and when I click on it I get the following error (among several others):

“Library_New: Error opening "/bin/wadmapconverter.dll": [LoadError] (Library::Library) Cannot load library C:\Games\Doomsday\Bin\plugins\wadmapconverter.dll: The specified module could not be found.”

When I go to the plugins’ directory as listed above I find wadmapconverter.dll but it is dated 6/19/14 while all of the other plugin files are dated 1/5/15. Is this why wadmapconverter.dll cannot be found and loaded by the Doomsday Engine?

I am using build 1465 but I think this error has been around for a long time however, Doomsday seems to work OK.

Just wondering.

Comments

• You can safely disregard the error. The wadmapconverter.dll plugin was renamed to "idtech1converter.dll", and apparently our Windows installer doesn't get rid of the old file. You can manually delete C:\Games\Doomsday\Bin\plugins\wadmapconverter.dll yourself, though, to get rid of the alert.