[1402] Key stops working if held down when exiting a level

I have started getting this problem with build #1402. If you hold down a key while exiting a level, that key will not work at the start of the next level, unless you go to controls and re-assign it. For example, if I'm holding down my forward key when exiting a level, my forward key will NOT work at the start of the next level. The only way to get it working again is to go to controls and then press my forward key again when re-assigning it under forward.

You might have a better chance of encountering this if you try it with a level that has an exit teleporter as opposed to an exit switch (I came across this numerous times while playing episode 3 in Ultimate Doom today).

Comments

• I'm currently working on fixing a variety of issues with the input system / control bindings at present. You may encounter some issues while I'm busy revising things. Indeed I'm aware of this particular issue.

You shouldn't actually need to rebind because this is a context management issue. If you switch to another input context in which the same key is bound (say, the menu), press that key and then switch back to the game, you should find that key is working again.

The code in question was somewhat ambiguous, so its likely the behavior was changed. I'm currently reimplementing that code in any case, so I'll double check the behaviors when I'm done.
  • Just a quick note to say this issue (a simple typo) has been fixed for the next (unstable) build of 1.15