co-op need a way to change skill level and respawn ammo item

edited 2014 Nov 18 in DOOM
Ok I have looked everywhere on the official doomsday engine website, from youtube to this topics page. And I really want to know.
with using the command lines on the Doomsday shell when starting a private coop game.
how in the hell with out anything cryptic, can you change the skill level. its stuck on 3
I want it on ultra violence at least when I am playing co-op. but what really sucks
is that the items and ammo don't respawn. its fine when you die and you start again with the pistol
and then you have to pick up the guns again, thats all fine, Im happy at least the guns stay there
to be able to be picked up again after respawning. but the guns are useless when there is no ammo.
was playing the second episode last night, after you die and have used all the rockets, you only get
two rockets when you pick up the launcher again after respawning. that sucks. did I look hard enough
is there a command line to setup a coop or deathmatch game to how you want it. please it cant be that hard can it
this port is great at the very least, but I only got the port for coop and deathmatch. and these flaws tear my hair out.
there is nothing more draining and boring and annoying trying to beat a boss with nothing but 50 rounds of ammo on a shitty
pistol. just those 2 little things I have hope and faith to be changed, everything else in the game is perfect to absolute
great perfection. just those 2 things. please thankyou and kindest regards Mansontits

Comments

• What you want is the co-op 2 game mode; the only difference between co-op and co-op 2 is respawning items. It's only available in Doom though and there is no equivalent for deathmatch.
  • Awww dude I have been searching everywhere thanks a million. looks like will get some great help here
    after all, thanks for replying quick
  • is there a command line to change the game mode to co-op 2, can't find anywhere how to change it
  • Your probably going to rant and rave, but I made a slight mistake. There are two Deathmatch game modes, not co-op modes. The Deathmatch 2 game mode offers respawning items.

http://www.dengine.net/dew/index.php?ti ... player_gui

My apologies. If I could I would delete my above erroneous post.
  • Hi,

You can modify the skill-level settings by modifying the game.cfg file before starting the server:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1913#topic

Hope it helps ;)