Console style screen instead of playing game

edited 2014 Aug 19 in Technical Support
I have just installed doomsday_1.14.5 on my PC, & on another laptop.
On mine, as always, after opening Snowberry and clicking Play, it opens directly into game.
On laptop, after clicking Play, it opens into a screen with the DE watermark in the background and the buttons Singleplayer, Multiplayer, All Games at the top of the screen.
IMG_5845.jpg
On the Singleplayer screen, there are no entries in Games categories, so I cant see where to play anything. In any case, I just want to launch straight into the game as it does on my PC install..

Comments

• If Doomsday boots directly to the home screen rather than loading a game, it usually means that either no -game has been specified on the command line, or, said games' resources could not be found/identified. Check your doomsday.out log file to see what is actually happening.
  • Ok thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow.
  • Ok, yep just a simple folder location problem, got it working :) Thanks for the hyperlinked answers too, got some good info on the new Ringzero.

So... the laptop is quite slow in gameplay, single player or multiplayer. Should I post a separate topic for troubleshooting?