Improve multiplayer

edited 2014 Aug 12 in Technical Support
The idea of ​​a separate window Shell from the game itself is very good. This allows you not to leave the game turned on waiting until one of the players will go into the multiplayer.
But in my opinion better if Shell was as an icon in the system tray, and not as an icon on the taskbar. If you click on the tray icon, a window Shell appears.

I would like to see a popup when someone comes to the my server, and the horn. If necessary, this can be disabled in the settings.

Comments

• Ultimately a GUI for launching MP games will be added, though Deng team haven't stated whether it will be in the Shell it 'self or whether it will be a menu in Dday that launches a Shell in the background.

One can assume that the GUI, wherever it is based will at least mimic the features of the 1.8.6 era MP menu.

I agree, that it could be cool to have the shell perhaps flash in the taskbar or display a popup (which could also name the player and specifically state a player is joining or leaving) in the system tray, if it is added to that, when a player joins or leaves a game.

But some players might not like such interfering with any full screen application they may be running and if they are actually in the DDay MP game in question at the time, they would get the in game notification making a message on the taskbar or system tray redundant (or could the shell somehow detect the creator of the shell is in the game?).
  • Fixing that segfault issue would be good ;)
  • If we could replicate your issue Tea Monster, it would stand a chance of being fixed. As I've mentioned elsewhere, it's working fine for me, so until we get some new information on that issue there isn't a great deal we can do.
  • What do you need from me to be able to fix this? I can zip up my main Doomsday folder if you like. If there are any log or dump files, let me know where they are and I can ship them over.