Console cheat dont work (DOOM)

edited 2014 Aug 10 in Technical Support
Ok, so i have tried everything, some of the cheats work, like "suicide" and "give"
But the one I really want, the "notarget" doesnt work.

Would be nice to use this one, but never been able to.
I pull down the console, and type in, as I said, some of them work, but not the one and only I want to use.

Comments

• As far as I'm aware, there is no "notarget" cheat in DOOM. Is this something from another source port perhaps?
  • http://dengine.net/dew/index.php?title= ... _reference

Listed under Command for all games.
    "notarget Enemies will not target the player (cheat). "

The noclip works, as well as the suicide.

I have seen people on youtube, (gladiator doom) that it works.

But I have no idea besides that.
  • edited 2014 Aug 10
    Apparently 'notarget' was added to the wiki when Skyjake overhauled the page in 2013.

The console command is indeed unrecognized in today's Dday, if it ever existed in Dday, as 'notarget'is, co-incidentally, a ZDoom console cheat, that does what has already been detailed.

But it might be cool to have something like this in Dday; an alternative to the nomonsters command line option or 'makecam' console command.
  • I see. Perhaps skyjake planned to add it around that time. Anyway, it doesn't exist currently so it shouldn't be documented in the wiki. Thanks for the heads up.
  • Aww, that sucks, I was hoping to use this and stroll around the map with the mosters not targeting me, but anyway, thanks for the help.
  • One option is to turn yourself into a camera (e.g., "makecam 0") but you won't be affected by gravity...