Hexen and Hexen Deathkings

edited 2014 Jun 14 in Technical Support
When I try to play Hexen I set up the 2 wad files and yet it still makes me play Deathkings it won't let me play regular Hexen I do own the steam version of the game if that helps
I'm new to this forum so if you need anything else from me to tell you then I will
Please get back to me ASAP I really want to play Hexen :D

Comments

• Please post a copy of your doomsday.out as per the note at the top of this forum. We'll need this before we can even begin to diagnose the problem.
  • I don't have that because I uninstalled Doomsday when it stopped working
    I'm aware that you would need this file although my problem isen't with a bug it's more or less no matter what .Wad I place in the hexen or hexen deathkings it defualts to Hexen Deathkings I am not able to play the original Hexen
  • In order to diagnose the issue we need to know; which files you were loading; in which order; using which game plugin; what the command line arguments where; what system you were running on...

doomsday.out provides us with the information we need. Without it there isn't much we can do. Perhaps you could try again?
  • Ok I'll try
    Thanks anyways
    Stay on so I can give you this
  • Nevermind figured it out...
    Just in case anyone was wondering

If you have the Steam Version of the game installed point the Hexen to "hexen.bat" not the .WAD
  • Doomsday has native support for locating the IWADs in Steam Apps (on Windows and OSX), meaning it is unnecessary to pass these paths on the command line. If you've purchased the game using Steam then it should only be necessary to specify the game you want to play (e.g., using -game on the command line, or, selecting it from the Doomsday Home screen).

Where is this hexen.bat coming from?
  • Steam sets it up
    Its whatever it simplifies the process
    Now what exactly do I have to setup rend-hud-offset-scale to in a 16x9 ratio to make the 3D models viewable?