No persistence of settings between sessions

jwmjwm
edited 2014 May 30 in Technical Support
Hi,

Everytime I restart a game, all the settings I changed have reverted back to the defaults. Typically view settings, HUD settings, and the like. I've looked in $HOME/.doomsday/runtime/configs/doom/game.cfg and it says:
# jdoom 1.16.2 / Doomsday Engine 1.9.10
# This configuration file is generated automatically. Each line is a
# console command. Lines beginning with # are comments. Use autoexec.cfg
# for your own startup commands.

So I did as told and created the autoexec.cfg file (in the same dir) and put the pertinent settings into it, which on re-launch of the game are completely ignored. There is no reference to autoexec.cfg in doomsday.out.

Inspecting doomsday.out after typing `exec autoexec.cfg` in the console just says "Parsing autoexec.cfg.", but doesn't appear to set the console vars, or at least not insomuch as to actually have the desired effect. Setting them manually/individually within the console works but not persistently.

Don't know what else to try. Not sure if this an Arch Linux specific issue. Have tried both the stable release and git master branch.

Comments

• Outside of the launcer, trying doomsday from commandline, copied command line preview from launcher and added -config:
    doomsday -userdir $HOME/.doomsday/runtime -sdlmixer -fullscreen -nojoy -texcomp -game doom1-ultimate -iwad /Store1/Doom/doom.wad -config $HOME/mydoom.cfg

On first run, the file did not exist. After changing settings and exiting the game, the mydoom.cfg existed and the settings inside it were set to the values I set them to in-game.

On second run, just as it says 'starting game', segmentation fault.

doomsday.out: https://gist.github.com/jwm-art-net/9f5 ... aa7780db44