Cannot find install location [Ubuntu 12.04]

edited 2014 May 25 in Technical Support
I installed the program and it seems to run just fine for the most part. It boots up like a champ. I closed it out to find where to put my wads and navigated to the place where Terminal said it was. It wasn't there. I searched the file system and nothing. It runs, but it looks like it never installed.

I also tried the -iwad command to try to get the location of the wads used but it 'couldn't find the location' but that might be my ineptitude with Ubuntu.

Comments

• open up a terminal and type
    locate doomsday

this will list the location of all things that have "doomsday" in it.
    You should find it in /usr/bin/ though e.g. /usr/bin/doomsday

you should just be able to type
    doomsday

into a terminal though, as binaries installed to /bin /sbin /usr/bin are able to be run from anywhere by just typing their name
  • Palemask wrote:
    to find where to put my wads
    You can put your WAD files anywhere you want, as long as you tell Doomsday where they are using the "-iwad" option. If you're having a problem with this option, please copy here the command line you are using and maybe we can figure out what's wrong.

However, if you use "launch-doomsday" to start the game via the frontend, you can also set the WAD location via the frontend settings.

Yet another way to set the WAD location is to create a file called "~/.doomsday/paths", and define "iwaddir" in there, for instance:
    iwaddir: /home/myusername/WADs