Imp particle blood effect.

edited 2014 Apr 16 in Addons for DOOM
Hi!

How do i get rid of the particle blood comming out of the imp ? It seems it isnt in the jdrp pack but in doomsday itself. where is it located and what is the name of the file?

Comments

• The particle effects for monster damage are indeed defined by default. If you want to disable all the default effects then you can add -nodefaultfx to the command line.

If you simply want to disable this one effect, then I would suggest creating a new Generator definition which does nothing, to override the default one. Something like this:
    Generator { State = "TROO_DIE1"; }
    Copy Generator { State = "TROO_XDIE2"; }

• I got no experience with coding or making anything though so it will be hard.

I typed in nodefaultfx and got rid of the imp blood but now alot of other effects are gone aswell as expected.
  • Simply save the contents of the CODE block above to a text file, name it something.ded and then load it from the frontend as you would any other addon, or, manually with -defs
  • I did as you said and i got this error. I guess its something with the code not being finished correctly.
      Def_Read > Def_ReadProcessDED: Def_ReadProcessDED: Error in C:/Program Files (x86)/ Doomsday/snowberry/addons/no imp blood.ded: Line 3: Unexpected end of file. Thread did not stop in time, forcibly killing it. Unloaded game Restoring original display mode due to shutdown
  • from what i know about the generators that code is incomplete unless there is a way to use a code like that even tho the imp has that already. i think this would work better.
    Generator {
      State = "TROO_XDIE1"
      Flags = blendrsub | extra
      Center { 0 0 20 }
      Speed = 18
      Speed rnd = .1
      Spawn age = 4
      Max age = 2260
      Particles = 20
      Spawn rate = 5
      Vector rnd = 10
      Init Vector Rnd = 6
      Vector { .1 0 12 }
    }

Generator (
      State = "TROO_XDIE2"
    )

now if i am wrong on this then let me know.
  • There is nothing wrong with the definition I posted. It is correct and works fine.

From the looks of the error message devonrex posted then I'm guessing the problem is the way he's loading that file. If your file includes spaces in the name then you need to place the whole path in quotes, for example: -defs "c:\Users\devonrex\Documents\no blood imp.ded"

@Gordon:
    When "blanking" a definition there is no need to specify property values that won't be needed.
  • ok that clears things up. thanks
  • Thanks for the help its working fine now.

The models and textures,shinemaps,music pack etc etc arent in the engine by default. why is this particle effect in there? first of its old... well almost anicient and it looks like crap in my eyes.

If you dont want models,textures and music you can leave them out but these particles are in there. i think many who prefer the vanila experience dont like this at all.

Just my take on it i think you should get rid of it or atleast have an option in the engine to disable them without having to get rid of other external effetcs added by for example the jdrp if you should choose to have them.

P.s DaniJ i posted something about openal sound driver in tech support and i was wondering if you would care to take a look at it and maybe help me out understanding it better.