Last week I already started my candidate phase work while DaniJ is finishing off with the revised savegame code. The builds are still labeled "unstable" pending the merge of DaniJ's work branch.
I've addressed the following issues so far:
- Automatic local discovery was not enabled in the Shell apps.
- The GUI Shell app now has a checkbox for specifying if the started local server is a public one, and one can specify a password for Shell access.
- If a local server fails to start, the GUI Shell app will now show the error log from the server to help with diagnosing the issue (just warnings/errors, not the full doomsday.out).
- Log output was coming in with an inconvenient delay in the Shell apps (for instance when autocompleting words).
- Antialising was always on in Ring Zero after launching Doomsday, even though it was supposed to remember the setting used in the previous session.