All 1157 Builds are non-executable files

edited 2014 Mar 4 in Technical Support
Subject says it all.

Comments

• Build 1157 appears to be working just fine for me, on Windows 7. What seems to be the problem? Is there an error message? What does doomsday.out have to say?
  • All the build 1157 files are Doomsday 1.14 txt.gz and SourceForge will not present the file to download, so I assumed that a txt file was not an executable file.

Therefore, I cannot actually get one to download for the above reasons.
  • Are you perhaps clicking on the wrong link? I've just tried manually from the build's repository page (linked above) and the doomsday_1.14.0_build1157.exe was downloaded as expected. However if this is failing for you, you could also try the built-in updater (accessible from the taskbar).
  • I can download now so everything is OK.

Maybe I was too early as SourceForge said the build had been entered <3 hours ago, or perhaps the site was having problems. I clicked on the same things as before but this time it worked.

Thanks for the help.
  • That is certainly possible. The way things are currently set up, the build repository is updated as soon as the build completes, while the packages are still being uploaded and prepared on SourceForge. As you say, it could just be that you were "too early" and tried to download before the files were actually available.

I would like to see this situation change at some point. Its not great that when the build news RSS feed is first updated the package links don't work.